Friday, October 11, 2019

Conclusion

By: Grace Litterer

     This is it. The conclusion to an epic series, or at least what I would like to think is an epic series. Due to the fact that I am not a senior, I can’t tell you about life as a senior. I could make some stuff up about how it is the most stressful year, how it’s weird that all of your older friends are gone, and about how you have to start filling out scholarships and preparing for college, which is all true. However, I have yet to experience that for myself. I can’t speak from personal experience, as much as I would like to. Instead, I would like to conclude my series that I have made.
     First, we started out with 7th grade. Just like all of the middle school years, 7th-grade year is a rough year. They are new to the high school/middle school scene, and you can certainly tell. Hallway walking problems and annoying 8th-grader define everyone’s 7th-grade year.
     Next, came 8th grade. Eighth-grade year is, of course, defined by pesky 7th graders and lectures about leadership. No one said 8th-grade year is the best year, but it is better than 7th grade.
     Up next is freshman year. Yet again, you are at the bottom of the barrel. Such a high last year, top of the middle school is followed by such a low this year. Freshman year is a fun time in everyone’s life. It’s the year that is defined by firsts, first homecoming dance, first year of high school sports, and first year of high school classes. You can’t say that freshman year isn’t memorable.
     As I’ve said before, sophomore year isn’t all that interesting. It has its highs, and it has its lows. You get your license, which is fun, but you also get another, harder year of classes. But hey, at least your not a freshman.
     Finally, you’ve got your junior year. I will try to keep it short, even though I’ve got quite a bit to say. Junior year is a lot of tests. Junior year is getting the “prepare for your future speech”. It’s a “Wow, I only have one more year,”-attitude. It’s a lot, but it’s part of the high school experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment