Thursday, February 27, 2020

Types of People in a Study Hall

By: Grace Litterer

I am going to be honest. I am running out of ideas. I have done every “Types of” article that I can think of. This is the only thing I have left. However, considering that I have plenty of study halls, this seems like a good topic. Anyways, enough background. It’s time to start this list.

The first type of person is, unsurprisingly, the Procrastinator. Yes, this person is a classic in all aspects of school. Procrastinators are in their prime during study halls. Yes, when is a better time to procrastinate than during a free period of complete silence? These people can often be identified by the pile of homework sitting in front of them and the blank look on their face. Yes, this person stares around, at the walls, at the floor, at the people around them, at anything. This person will often distract the people around them as well. They will talk about anything and everything. All they need is a distraction and they are not above providing it themselves.

The next type of person is the Moviegoer. This person only uses study halls for movie watching time. They take advantage of the free wifi and complete silence. This person has it all. They have accounts for Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, Youtube, and any other streaming service available. Moviegoers use their school time for things they can actually use in life, or so they say. Yes, they won’t know about the Pythagorean Theorem or compound sentences, but they will have seen every movie ever made. I mean, really, do these people not experience stress about classes or have any motivation to do well in school? Honestly, how do they do it? If I could get just an ounce of this “I don’t care” attitude, it would be such a peaceful life. Message to all those Moviegoers out there: I am envious of you.

Well, I have a lot more to say on this topic, but I have reached my writing limit. I will have to continue this series another time. Tune in next week for another “thrilling” installment of Types of People in a Study Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment