Friday, February 14, 2020

Types of Studies

By: Grace Litterer

Well, instead of telling you about how I decided to stick with the whole school series yet again, I will be honest with you. I have a few tests coming up, but instead of actually studying for them, I am going to write this blog. Doesn’t it count that I am thinking about studying? Maybe that’ll help. Anyways, I am going to sum it all up to the fact that I draw from life. Just call me creative because I had the genius idea of telling you about my stress-induced page of complaining about studying. Anyways, I start with the types of studiers.

The first type is the Districtracted Ditz. This person is the person that is infamous for procrastinating. This person could be alone in a room with nothing but their study materials and still find some way to avoid actually studying for the test. When I say that Netflix has revolutionized procrastination attempts for Ditz’s around the world, I speak from experience. Yes, all the tests and textbooks are a little bit easier to ignore when you have Dwight Schrute talking in the background. All in all, who hasn’t been the Distracted Ditz at least once in their life? It’s almost a rite of passage to spend hours stressfully watching TV and thinking about how you have a lot to do. (I know my science textbook has put me in this position too many times.)

The next type is the Quizlet god. Not only does this person take the time to make a 200 term study set on Quizlet, but they share it with the entire class. The Quizlet god spends two hours making the study set and really only studies it for half an hour. Somehow, this person still does good on the tests. Quizlets gods have been improving class average since the start of computers in the classroom. Although a Quizlet is not hard to make, it’s even easier to share it with the rest of the class in hopes that you can teach yourselves and your class what the teacher didn’t or wouldn’t teach. Yes, this person is a very important person in every class. To all the Quizlet gods out there: keep being you. You make everyone’s lives better. You are absolutely appreciated. Keep making grade points higher and the world better.
I’ve reached a page, but I have quite a bit more to say. I think maybe I will make this a two-part series. I have yet to even talk about the We-Have-A-Test-Today Students. Stay tuned for next week’s rendition of Types of Studiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment